Thursday, October 15, 2009

Calf Born


Butchering went well last night, thanks to Duane and Matthew. It was quite an effort to break down that big of a pig, she was probably 300-350 on the hoof. Matthew and I watched a couple of you tube videos in preparation for the event thanks Healthy Butcher. This really helped get a handle on the main parts of the pig, Matthew kind of new his way around a bit, I did not have a clue. There is still a good bit of work to do, I need to cure the bacon and make the sausage.

This morning after i got to work, Kimberly called and told me I was an Uncle again....what? One of the cows had her calf, not a milker but still great news. We have two milkers that are both due at the end of October, hopefully the children are getting tired of frozen milk that we put up before we quit milking last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment